Monday, January 23, 2012

Time conservation is very green

There's no time like the present, as it goes, so I've taken today to do some life inventory work. I've considered how I spend my time each day, where I direct my focus, and how it's impacting my results.

Time is our most precious resource. We can't recapture it once it's gone. We can't make more of it. Once each minute passes, it is gone forever. Looking at time from a green perspective, it is even more important that decisions and processes be simple, be seamless, and make a measurable difference.

One organization that provides guidance in this area is Do Your Part. I visit their website when I have a question, when I want to learn to do something better, and when I have a client who has a question that I can't answer. The wealth of resources the Do Your Part team provides have made better use of my time.

Taking this idea to another level, check out the TEDx talk by Global Cool executive director, Caroline Fiennes. She poises some interesting questions for us all to consider. 





No comments:

Post a Comment