Sunday, September 9, 2012

Making green decisions creates MORE green

I'm going to share something I feel very strongly about... which is, making green or sustainable decisions is truly the way to increase your net worth. One of the first ways that I've done that myself is to substantially reduce the use of my printer, for business and personal use. I find that when I really need to print something, it isn't for me. It ends up being for someone who is still living in the last century and keeps paper files.


My financial records are digital, along with most of the required updates and filings. My monthly expenses are managed in digital files, with paper receipts scanned or pictures taken as a record. My photos and videos are stored in backup drives, online digital services and with cell service backups. I print contracts for clients, which require signatures, sometimes for paper files. Once in while, I'll print a presentation or a personal letter, but overall, my printing is down to under 10 pages per month.

All of the paper that has been saved along with the printer cartridges I never used, has added up to a substantial savings for my budget as well as much less waste. In addition, I'm not drowning in paper like I once was, or wondering when I'm going to run out of ink. It ends up, I wonder more about my printer paper getting dusty before the next time I use it.

One of the other ways I'm creating a more sustainable world is to create online revenue. I'm not wasting my time and gallons of gas, heading out to job interviews, attending over crowded job fairs, sending out cover letters and resumes that end up in circular files. I'm following the trend to working online in a growing and profitable field.

Internet marketing has been around since the internet went public in the 1990s but making it really work has been a mystery to most people, until now. I was recently introduced to the Empower Network and found it not only creates revenue but provides training, education and networking support to learn the skills of internet marketing.

Getting the most up to date skills in the 21st Century is easy with the Empower Network. The system they created to support their teams is exceptional! They provide a WordPress template website and all the bells and whistles to make it work. The rest is up to me, and YOU if you're up to the challenge.

So, I'm going at this with gusto, and looking for a few determined souls to join me! Check out the video, read a few of my posts, ask questions or comment here. I'll have many more green decisions to come, but creating more green is getting easier every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment