Saturday, July 7, 2012

Redesign of my Green Office

Making the best of a difficult situation is always a challenge. Sharing space has always been my personal challenge, as I treasure my privacy. After several years away, obligations have required me to adjust (accept) that I will be living in a testosterone filled environment (two grown sons & semi-employed husband separated from for 3 years) for sometime to come... therefore, I MUST redesign my work space to serve me better. My workspace needs to allow me to serve my clients, create audio and video, and have privacy for the creative process. It also must be green and comfortable!

Finances are tight. My life is no different than so many others right now who are making due with less. Yet creativity is boundless! As a green living enthusiast, I'm eager to find recycled materials to use to create my new space.

So, here's the situation. I have a cinder block building that used to be my work space when I was in college. Since then, it has been filled with clutter, becoming a storage space nightmare. It's holding books, remains of the sale of a family home, household items from my last apartment, old clothes, dead electronics and an album collection spanning a lifetime. Some of the stuff is valuable. Some of the stuff has sentimental value. Some of the stuff is recyclable. Some of it is just plain junk!

First, it needs to be emptied and cleaned. Then, anything of value needs to be organized and stored. After that, I'll begin to move my office equipment in and create a productive space to work. It may take a few days, or a few weeks. I'm determined to get this done & get to work!

Why am I sharing this here? with you, dear readers? To hold me accountable, that's why!!! I'll be posting pictures and sharing progress as I get started on Monday, July 9th. If you have ideas, resources, success tips or any advice along the way, please share in the comments. I'm off to the Farmers Market now, to pick up whatever's fresh and inspiring! Enjoy your weekend ;~)


No comments:

Post a Comment