Friday, June 8, 2012

Letting Go for a Lighter Green Life

There is a new movement for reducing the need for stuff, the need for bigger homes and having it all. I am on a quest to purge the unnecessary from my closet, my file cabinet, my book shelf, and get down to what is really serving me, getting me to the life of my dreams.

Graham Hill recently addressed this in a Ted Talk, opening with the "box" of unknown stuff so many of us have, and carry with us from place to place, never opened, never unpacked but somehow important. Maybe not!

Here are Graham's 3 ideas that changed his life, and may change your's.

1. Edit Ruthlessly - Let it go!

2. Small is Sexy - Nest, stack, digitize.

3. Multifunctional Design - the table expands when needed, the bed folds down from the wall and back up into the wall, and the office disappears.

Watch the video. Look around your room. You can do this. I am doing it right now. I want a lighter load to carry and to live a lighter shade of green.

No comments:

Post a Comment